The smart way to REDUCE WASTE WATER, DECREASE RESIN CONSUMPTION and EXTEND MEMBRANE LIFE! YOUR Water MADE Better - Increase the effectiveness of your RO system, and REDUCE waste water by up to 65%! Reverse osmosis booster pumps are used to increase the pressure going into your RO or RO/DI system which make it operate more efficiently and can decrease consumption of DI resin. Designed as an accessory for Reverse Osmosis units in areas with low water pressure, or for users that want maximum output and the best quality filtered water from their RO systems. Item 540292.
The Smart Buddie booster pump is quiet, easy to install, and can significantly increase water output. Reverse osmosis is a pressure-driven process. Small residential RO units will theoretically operate on very low pressure--down to 35 psi--but the reality is you won't get a lot of water and the product water quality may be compromised if the unit runs below 45 psi. RO units typically run well on municipal water pressure of 60 psi, but they run even better with a small pump to boost the pressure to 80 psi or higher. The increased pressure will also improve the economy of the unit (it will run less reject water) as well as the quality of the water. RO units thrive on pressure!
- The high pressure switch turns off the booster pump if the filtered water pressure is greater than 33.35 PSI, prolonging the life of the pump.
- Buddie Fit press-fittings make it easy to plumb tubing into the existing RO system. 1/4" tubing not included with Smart Buddie.
- The sealed pressure pump is low-voltage and powered by the included transformer, which ensures safe, quiet operation.
- Easily plumb into most reverse osmosis systems to increase water pressure up to 90 PSI and reduce waste water.
- The Smart Buddie Booster Pump includes an internal automatic flush valve that flushes the membrane for 18 seconds every time the unit is activated. Flushing clears debris build-up on the membrane, and is critical to obtaining peak performance from the RO unit. After flushing filtered water production will begin.
- Low pressure switch turns off the booster pump if water pressure is less than 7.25 PSI, extending the life of the pump.
- NOW INCLUDES INTERNAL CHECK VALVE.
- Smart Buddie Booster Pumps are water tested at the factory prior to packaging.
Dimensions: 11.75"L x 5.88"W x 7.88"H. Weight: 8lbs.
Download the User Guide HERE