The smart way to REDUCE WASTE WATER, DECREASE RESIN CONSUMPTION and EXTEND MEMBRANE LIFE! YOUR Water MADE Better - Increase the effectiveness of your RO system, and REDUCE waste water by up to 65%! Reverse osmosis booster pumps are used to increase the pressure going into your RO or RO/DI system which make it operate more efficiently and can decrease consumption of DI resin. Designed as an accessory for Reverse Osmosis units in areas with low water pressure, or for users that want maximum output and the best quality filtered water from their RO systems. Item 540292.
The Smart Buddie booster pump is quiet, easy to install, and can significantly increase water output. Reverse osmosis is a pressure-driven process. Small residential RO units will theoretically operate on very low pressure--down to 35 psi--but the reality is you won't get a lot of water and the product water quality may be compromised if the unit runs below 45 psi. RO units typically run well on municipal water pressure of 60 psi, but they run even better with a small pump to boost the pressure to 80 psi or higher. The increased pressure will also improve the economy of the unit (it will run less reject water) as well as the quality of the water. RO units thrive on pressure!
- This universal booster pump works with 50 to 100 GPD RO and RO/DI units including the RO Buddie, Classic RO/DI, Twist-In RO/DI, APEC, LiquaGen, SpectraPure and more.
- Buddie Fit press-fittings make it easy to plumb tubing into the existing RO system. Use the included 10 ft of Blue, Yellow and Red 1/4" tubing to plumb the Smart Buddie to your existing RO or RO/DI system. The included low-profile elbows help in installations with limited room.
- The sealed pressure pump is low-voltage and powered by the included transformer, which ensures safe, quiet operation.
- Ideal for water supplies with low pressure, the Smart Buddie will boost pressure as low as 35 PSI to 90 PSI or more. This greatly increases the efficiency of the RO unit.
- Say goodbye to your manual flush valve. The Smart Buddie does it for you and doesn't forget when it's time to do it again. Every 24 hours of operation the membrane is flushed 20-30 seconds!
- Low pressure switch turns off the booster pump if water pressure is less than 7.25 PSI, extending the life of the pump.
- NOW INCLUDES INTERNAL CHECK VALVE.
- Smart Buddie Booster Pumps are water tested at the factory prior to packaging.
Dimensions: 11.75"L x 5.88"W x 7.88"H. Weight: 8lbs.
Download the User Manual HERE